Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Ronnie James Dio passes

  1. #11
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ronnie James Dio passes

    Gene Simmons gets on my nerves. Turned me against Kiss
    GO VOLS

  2. #12
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ronnie James Dio passes

    Quote Originally Posted by sup-rbeast View Post
    Speaking of KISS, when I was a lil kid, I loved that band. And I still like 'em to an extent, but Gene's marketing of that band has become a turn off to a degree. I guess it's just me, but when a band's marketing overshadows the music for decades on end, it makes ya wonder why anyone would let that happen. KISS isn't the most talented band on the block, but there are many who are way worse. It's just the marketing of the band that I don't like I guess.
    Kiss' last horrah was Revenge, probably one of their top 3 albums. Seems like lately, all Gene Simmons thinks about is milking the Kiss cow for $. In a way I don't blame him, but if you watch Gene Simmons: Family Jewels, it seems nothing short of sleaze.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  3. #13
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ronnie James Dio passes

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeJones View Post
    Dang I remember us talking about him doing a gospel song
    yes, he did vocals on 2 songs from Kerry Livgren (from Kansas) first solo Christian album. here are the 2 songs

    YouTube - Kerry Livgren-Ronnie James Dio -To Live For The King

    YouTube - Dio and Kansas - Mask of the Great Deceiver
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  4. #14
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ronnie James Dio passes

    here is a tribute to RJD. funny thing is that Jorn Lande started this tribute album a year ago never intending it to be a tribute in memory of, but as fate has it this wil be out

    Powerhouse Norwegian vocalist Jorn Lande (MASTERPLAN, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, ARK, THE SNAKES) will honor the musical legacy of Ronnie James Dio with his new album, aptly entitled "Dio", to be released on July 2 in Europe and July 27 in the U.S. via Frontiers Records.


    "Dio" was mixed by Tommy Hansen at Jailhouse Studios and it features the following tracks:

    01. Song For Ronnie James
    02. Invisible
    03. Shame on the Night
    04. Push
    05. Stand Up And Shout
    06. Don't Talk to Strangers
    07. Lord Of The Last Day
    08. Night People
    09. Sacred Heart
    10. Sunset Superman
    11. Lonely Is The Word / Letters From Earth (2010 version)
    12. Kill The King
    13. Straight Through The Heart (live)
    14. Song For Ronnie James (video)


    YouTube - Jorn - Song For Ronnie James (Official video)
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  5. #15
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ronnie James Dio passes

    Just read that Westboro will be protesting his funeral.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ronnie James Dio passes

    Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    Just read that Westboro will be protesting his funeral.
    There needs to be a special kind of Aids/Crotch Rot/Cancer that all of those fools get infected with and suffer from for a long time.


    Back on topic, I watched something called The Revolver Golden God Honors (or something like that) on VH1 Classic this week that had awards being given to folks in the metal industry and Dio was awarded for Best Vocalist. He was there to receive the award and he looked really rough. He was talking about how he was doing better and how he couldn't wait to get out and start touring again. It made me really sad. I love Neil Fallon from Clutch, but I was very happy he lost to Dio. Way to go RJD.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •